Friday, August 22, 2008

Catch A Wave!


I absolutely LOVED today! It truley was the perfect beach day. Just Mason and I at Huntington Beach enjoying the last little pieces of the summer! This morning I started off bummed out. We had a group of 17 people that were suppose to go to the beach with us, but the morning started off a little overcast and everyone backed out on us. We were dressed and ready to walk out the door so I decided I wouldn't let a few clouds get in my way, and decided to still go, just Mason and I. Within 30 minutes, the clouds had burned off and it turned into a gorgeous, not too hot day!



We spent the first part of the morning digging holes, building and smashing sand castles, collecting sea shells, and chasing sea gulls up and down the beach. Then I decided it would be nice to get our feet wet in the water. Mason has been to the beach a bunch but he usually doesn't like the water. So I thought he would quickly put his feet in and be over it! Boy was I wrong! Mason would run straight for the water, then as soon as a wave would come crashing in, he'd turn and run away, get knocked over, spin around, and usually end up on his bottom, back or face first and COVERED in wet sand. (Even in his eyes, mouth and ears!) The first few times I thought he would get up and say... "All done Momma!" and go marching back to our little camp to get cleaned up... but he surprised me! He would get up squealing and laughing saying "Again! Again! Again-again-again! Momma!" or say "More,More, MORE!" And brace himself for the next wave to come so he could do it all over again! I finally drug him back to take a break and have some snacks and after about two bites, he says to me "I go catch a wave?" and almost instantly turned on his heals and started running back towards the water!


Sometimes I wish there was a way to press record in my brain when I am having little moments with my son that I don't want to forget. The memories I made today with my little bear are so darling and precious to me. I hope as he gets older I don't forget days like this. I suppose that's why I blog. He's growing and changing so fast right now. Some days I just want him to stay little... he doesn't have a care in the world right now. No school, no work, no major responsibility... his only job is to be Mason and to let us love him!

So if he can't stay little, then at least let me remember these little moments forever & EVER.

I love you Mason!

2 comments:

Shane said...

ADORABLE... Honey I love your Blogs! It brightens my boring work days... jealous? Of course, but I am so glad you get to share these moments with our son. I love you and thanks for all you do.

Janine said...

So your mom has offered to let us stay at your new house in October. How nice of her! Seriously though, we don't want to impose. We were originally planning on staying in a hotel, so don't feel obligated, although we would love to be able to stay with you - I think it would be fun as well as budget-friendly for us. And we plan on being on the go all the time, so you don't have to feel like you need to feed or entertain us! In fact, we'd like to feed you!