Thursday, June 12, 2008

My two year old...

(Sigh...) Mason climbed out of his crib today.

I guess I should have seen it coming since he is two, and most of my friend's have already transferred their two year olds to toddler beds already for this very same reason. I've been waiting to make the transition until we moved into our house, so I was just hoping he wouldn't do it for a little while longer. It's been nice knowing that's the ONLY place that I put him that he will stay in for a given length of time. I'm going to miss our morning routine where he calls for me to come and get him.

Anyway, Leading up to his 'jail break' moment today he had a few typical two year old moments that led me to the decision that he would be better off in his bed for his safety and my sanity. Not more than 1 minute after I put him in his crib he came barreling out into the kitchen from his room, slamming the door behind him. I'm cleaning up from his two year old moment and decided to ignore him while I finished cleaning. He comes right up under neath me, shakes his pointer finger at me and says:

"Mom! MOM! I so mad! Look at me! Look at me! I TALKING to YOU!'

Huh. I wonder where he heard that?

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I cannot tell you how much I love this story. Is he really old enough to be saying things like that? I know he was being naughty, but I think I would have scooped him up and planted a big kiss on that darling little cheek of his...

AJ said...

wow, he is so grown up! Great to see you have a blog too. My mom and Fraser come into Cali at the end of the month and they are renting a house in Fountain Valley. So we'll all have to get together! Give me a call sometime! Love your blog. :)

Sara said...

Well I love to hear when other two year olds have time outs. Hannah will climb into her crib, but not out of it. I am don't want to transfer her out of her crib yet either. Love to hear the stories.