Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm leaving Shane & Mason

Okay... Don't worry. It's not for a very long time, but that's probably the only time you'll hear that phrase from me!

Tomorrow I am FINALLY going to Wisconsin for my best friend's wedding. I've been planning for this weekend for almost a year and a half now. And NOW all of a sudden I'm starting to feel a little guilty for leaving behind Mason & Daddy. I've never left Mason over night, and if I have a sitter, it's only a for a few hours until Mason falls asleep. To go from a few hours here and there to 5 days and 4 nights seems so extreme to me. I hope he doesn't have to hard of a time, and I hope he doesn't hate me, or forget me before I get back. I'm already going through withdrawals. (maybe this will be a good thing for the both of us!)

I pulled out my suitcase today so I could load up my piles of clothes I've had sitting all over the room for the last few days. The first thing Mason did was climb in it. I wish I could just bring him with me, but let's face it, he'll be into everything and I wont be much help to the bride with a Two year old, right? (I keep telling myself that, anyway!)

Shane's being a good sport about the whole thing. He's going to be Mr. Mom for 5 days straight. I really think that Shane and Mason will have a fun time bonding while Mommy's gone. I can't wait to hear of their tales! Thank you honey for being such a great Dad and good husband. I know this time apart will be hard, but I'm grateful that you're being so supportive and understanding! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

ihategreenbeans.com
Bachelorette recaps are seriously so funny...SO FUNNY