Sunday, June 1, 2008

How long is too long???

I know, I know, it's been a while since I blogged. I have a pretty darn good excuse or two though, so hopefully you will all forgive me. (and continue to keep checking in!)

If you don't want to read about my excuses, just skip to the next paragraph. =)

A little over a month ago our home computer crashed. Shane was able to restore most of it, but sadly all of our USB ports are burned out and magically the internet software disappeared from our computer. So I've only been able to get onto the internet via Shane's work laptop! We have had to send our Hard Drive and Back up Hard Drive to a recovery service and our back up hard drive has all of our pictures on it and we're hoping that we'll be able to get most if not all the pictures back. We also can not load our newest pictures onto our computer because the USB's are gone, so blogging without pictures has lost it's flare to me! (I'm still taking pictures, but I've almost filled up all my cards!!)

And the very last excuse but the best one is that we just closed escrow on our house over Memorial Day weekend and have been working on the house like maniacs to get it ready to move into! This last week had workers in our house from sun up to sun down putting in recessed lighting, and tearing out some of the ugly that should have been left behind in the 70's! This week we will begin scraping the ceilings and doing some patch work on the walls, and hopefully starting on re-tiling the front entry way and bathroom.

Here are some things that have happened over the last month that deserve mentioning!

MASON TURNED TWO! I can hardly believe my baby is NOT a baby any more! We are so blessed to have him in our world. He loves to run, jump, kick, play, laugh, cry and all the in between that you could think of. He's a very active little boy and he is ALL boy! We had a Lightning McQueen (from the Movie 'Cars') Birthday party for him with all of his cousins. He's all about cars and trucks and trains and you can always bet he's got some sort of transportation vehicle in hand at any given moment.

Here are some of my favorite Mason phrases:

"Mom, Masey's got the 'Kick Ups'' (Kick ups = Hick Ups)

"Jesus wants me for a Sun BEEP!"

"No, I NOT!"

"Mason do it!" or "Me do it!"

Cho-Collette! (I don't mind my name being associated with my favorite Candy!)

We've also been keeping ourselves busy going to Disneyland once a week with Grandma Mancy, playing with cousins, going to the park, weekly trips to Costco - which may I add is the best place to take a toddler during lunch time! Free meals while you grocery shop... what could be better? Mason makes sure we don't miss the Dinosaur chicken Nugget lady, then onto the pancake lady, and over to the lady with chips with some sort of treat on it. What's better than that? (At least to a two year old!)

In the last month we also went to Seattle for my nephew Brian's wedding, and we made our first trip to Lego Land. Mason had so much fun, I got a pass so that we could go back all summer long. He is just tall enough to ride on the smaller roller coasters and most of the other rides. (San Diego friends, want to meet there for a play date?).

I'm glad to be back blogging! Even though it will probably still be a little bit longer until we are up and running with pictures again, I promise that as soon as I can, I'll put up some pics and catch everyone up with pictures.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE him! I'm going to Disneyland on Saturday (6/7/08) with work, and I think you guys should come and meet us there!

b.liz said...

I'm so uber-jealous that you live in SoCal with Disneyland and Lego Land so close by! A Lego Land playdate?! My boys would be thrilled...too bad we live 6 hours away.