Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mason's Softer Side

Most of you know my little boy as a rough and tough little guy. He's all boy all the time. You know, a guy's guy! Well yesterday I took a good friend of mine dinner because she just had a new little baby boy. We stayed for a little while so I could cuddle her sweet little baby (Thanks Michelle!) and Mason was a good boy and played quietly on the floor the whole time. Every once in a while he'd look up and watch us cooing over the baby, or he'd come take a peak to see what the big deal was, but for the most part, he didn't seem all that interested. He did give the baby a kiss on the head which I thought was sweet except I wasn't sure if he was coming to smack him or kiss him until he got there - so the kiss was a pleasant surprise!

Anyway, this morning I caught Mason carrying around his little bunny rabbit just like we had been holding the baby last night. Kissing him and snuggling him. He was cradling the bunny in his arms and pretending to comfort it because it was crying, then changing it's poopies, and making sure he shared a drink of his sippy cup with the baby bunny. My heart melted. I don't think Mason has had ANY interested in baby dolls, stuffed animals or anything like that - well... EVER! He really is a guy's guy, but today the sweet little guy came out in him.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a cute story! What an immediate response from him. So cute! Let's get together!!!

Lynne said...

Precious...but he's so funny when he's being bad! (i.e., lunch today, haha)