Sniff! Sob! (tears!)
Ok, let me start from the beginning! We are elbows deep in our 'remodeling project' of our house... The recessed light is in, the windows are being installed next week, the ceilings are being scraped next week, new doors, crown molding, base boards are being installed very soon, and the tile will be in soon, and that leads me to the very last thing.... PAINT!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! (gulp! sweating pouring down my face!)
I am so lame when it comes to picking paint colors! I thought this was going to be the funnest part, and so far, I'm not having any fun. Do you realize how many stinking paint swatches/colors that are out there for the simple taupe/brown/tan colors? BILLIONS! And I have already bought about 9 buckets of 'test' pints of paint... and I don't think any of them are it! Here's where I need help! Lots of you have done this before. Who has a good all over the house color that they would do again and again. You know that tan color that looks great on any wall and your base boards and crown pop against that perfect color? Come on! Anyone? I need serious suggestions here. Any tried and true color would be helpful. Right now I go to Home Depot and I just stand there looking at the paint swatch wall scratching my head.. Then I go to Dunn Edwards and do the exact same thing. I'm also looking for a great yellow paint color, that perfect blue for a boys bedroom and the perfect serenity now green color for a bedroom.
I know you guys have got something on your walls besides white! Please, please, please SHARE! =-)
2 comments:
I HATE picking paint, and I did the pick it and do it way, which turned out okay, but I don't love. After the fact we discovered that the best way to do it is to go places and find wall colors you like and then take the swatches along to compare and match. Not a perfect system. Hopefully someone can give you their perfect paint colors. Good luck!
We have "Yosemite Sand" in our house, and my parents keep using it on EVERYTHING. It's a beige/tan color. We also have that slate blue all over our house, too. Let me know if you want the deets.
Post a Comment