Home to me is NOT my house. It's where my heart and the ones I love the most are. I've found that I like to call my husband 'HOME' because no matter where we are in the world, I'm home if I have his hand to hold and chest to lay on. The only other thing that's missing is my Mason and his sweet snuggles right in between Shane and I. I can be any where in the world, and as long as I have those two to hold, I'm home.
I became addicted to this song while I was away. I can't tell you how many times I played it on my ipod. Not to mention, I was already semi-addicted to it before I left on my trip, so much so that Mason is now singing along. He even asks me to play the song while we are in the car!
Shane was really good about keeping me posted on the things that were happening while I was away and every night when Shane was putting Mason to bed they would call me. I realized that I have some of Mason's favorite stories memorized since he has me read them to him almost every night. (Finally the repetition of those stories came in handy!) One of my girlfriends was traveling with me and she must of thought I was nuts (she's not LDS) as I belted out some of Mason's favorite nursery/primary songs to him over the phone, followed by a few stories and of course bed time prayers. (thanks for being such a good sport Jennifer!)
My most favorite thing Shane did while I was away was take this picture of Mason:
Daddy was making Mac N' Cheese while Mason was making a mess with Daddy's shaving cream. hehe! He told daddy he was washing his hair. =)
I missed my guys so much! I'm so glad to be back! Next time you're all gonna have to come with me!
1 comment:
Okay - this was adorable. You need to take these mini vacations every now and then..the guys need to bond and you need time to rest. These was such a sweet blog. I love the story telling and primary song singing. I am sure Jennifer understood =0)
BTW- I miss you guys at swimming lessons and FHE at the beach!
Post a Comment