I had a lot of last minute Christmas shopping to get done the week before Christmas, so instead of fighting the crowds at South Coast Plaza I decided it would be fun to take Mason down to my old stomping grounds at Fashion Island to see their enormous Christmas tree. On my way there I had an impromptu thought to take Mason over to the Newport Beach temple first so he could walk around the grounds and feel the special spirit there.
As we got out of the car and started walking towards the temple Mason looked up and pointed to Angel Moroni on the top of the temple and said "Look Mommy, A child of God!" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that moment! So I decided to use his sweet remark as a teaching moment and told him who that was... "It's the Angel Moroni and that he is indeed A Child of God." I'm glad that I listened to that still small voice that said.. I know you have a lot to do today, but it wont take long to walk around the temple grounds with Mason for a few minutes.He loved stopping and smelling the flowers.
And he also loved that big fountain out by the temple.I couldn't get a good picture of him because he was too busy driving his car around the fountain (and throwing it into the water every chance he could get...)
We did eventually make it over to Fashion Island and I was able to finish up the rest of my Christmas shopping that afternoon. Here are a few pictures I snapped in front of the tree.
We did eventually make it over to Fashion Island and I was able to finish up the rest of my Christmas shopping that afternoon. Here are a few pictures I snapped in front of the tree. 
1 comment:
Haha, I love it! I love that he knows that we are all children of God. So precious!
Post a Comment