Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Inspired

If you haven't noticed already, I have added two buttons to the side of my screen.

They say "I read Nie Nie" and "C me read C Jane".

If you haven't been tempted to click and read already, you should do so. Stephanie Nielson and her husband, Christian's story is touching and inspiring. I am also very inspired by Stephanie's sister's blog as she captures thoughts and feeling about her sister and Stephanie's young family that she is caring for.

I love that this family has come together on so many different levels to do all that they can for their dear sister and brother-in-law. You can tell that they have really grasped the concept that Families are Forever. And they truly love one another and will do anything it takes to care for each other. It's inspiring that this family and their great message is being spread through out the world to people like me who have never met these people.

I feel like I have been blessed to be in a family like theirs. I know that if something were to ever happen to Shane and I that we have so many family members who would immediately step up and take care of business, but in the most loving way possible. These concepts have been taught to us since we were babies. If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you know what I am talking about. Our church puts a huge emphasis on the Family.

As Shane was getting ready for work this morning we happened to turn on the Today Show. And the first thing we saw was that they were about to cover a story about Stephanie & Christian Nielson and their family. It was the first time that Shane had heard so much about their story and he too was really touched. He knew I had been reading about this story on these two blogs but had never taken the time to read for himself.

Here is where you can find the Today Show's story.

Also be sure to stop by C me read C Jane. She has her own account of the Today Show this morning. And of course, your thoughts and prayers are needed for this family.

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Collette-
I LOVE how you worded this. I think I will follow suit. Mind if I use some of your eloquent words? I have been watching this family as well and been truly amazed.

Janine said...

I have been following this since shortly after the crash too. It's such a sad situation, but that family is so amazing

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting about this. I didn't know what it was about, but it really is touching. I'm inspired by the strength this family has.

Collette said...

I don't mind if you steal wording or completely copy and past the whole thing! I think it's important for people to hear this story!