Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wil-fur!


I took Mason to the Orange County Fair yesterday. My sister-in-law called me to see if we wanted to come since you got in free if you donated 5 canned goods. So I ran to the pantry, and headed straight for the fair with my cans in tow! I was excited that I would get to have a day full of adventure without having to fork out a lot of cash right off the bat.

As soon as we got there, Mason and I ran straight for the Farm animals. Mason couldn't wait to see the cows and piggies and lambs, and I couldn't wait for him to see them either. Debbie & Jeff met up with us there and we spent the majority of our time checking out the various different types of farm animals. They have Lamas, sheep, cows, pigs, horses, camels, goats... lots and lots of goats in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Baby chicks, rooo-sters (as Mason calls them). and lots and lots of Wil-furs. (Wilbur - from Charlotte's web!)

I think Wil-fur was Mason's favorite part. He ran from pen to pen exclaiming - "A-nuder Wil-fur! Look! Look! Mommy! LOOK! Wil-fur! A-nuder one!" I think my favorite part was when Mason looked up at me and said 'Charlotte?' He thought if Wil-fur is here... then where's Charlotte? So we tried to find a spider web, and sadly I coudln't find one. But we did find this momma pig who was loving her bath/drink of water... if you look closely you can almost see her smile. She was a lot of fun to watch getting her 'drinks'.

We also enjoyed a foot long hot dog, warm cinamon rolls, an ice cream cone and some lemonade!

I would highly recomend the OC Fair if you go on a 'free day'. I think next Wednesday you get in free if you bring a new or lightly used children's book. I can definately say you'll see me there. I'm not a fan of the carnival rides and games. I think it's a waste of money... especially when we can go to Disneyland any time we want to get our fill of thrills. But it is fun to go up the numerous isles of food, booths, crafts and of course farm animals. Did I mention the food? It's super expensive, but worth the fatty sugary overload once every summer!



Jeff and Debbie were a lot of fun at the fair. I'm glad they invited us to tag along! It was such a fun day and we can't wait to go back!


No comments: