So anyone who knows me, knows I have been planning to be in a wedding this coming June. It's my best friend from High School's wedding. I absolutely LOVE her! There are very few people in this world I can pick up the phone and call and say anything to and she will just sit with me and laugh and laugh and laugh. She moved to Wisconsin when she was 22. It seems like she's been gone forever. It makes me sad that she isn't close by, but thank heavens for modern technology. We just got our bridesmaid dresses this past week. It seems like we ordered those things years ago! So I brought mine home (strapless) along with the extra fabric I bought so I could have sleeves added and tried it on. It fit perfect! I then proceed to start making calls to seamstresses to get the ball rolling. I go onto the LDS Brides website to get some inspiration for how I want this dress to look on top and my jaw drops. There it is. The EXACT SAME DRESS... except, OF COURSE, with sleeves. No joke. You don't even know how much money I've already spent on the strapless one. So you can imagine my shock when I find the exact same dress online at this point (which by the way, when we were ordering these dresses I checked LDSBrides to be sure and that dress WAS NOT there!). UGH! So I think, well... already have this dress, and the extra fabric so I can have it made to look like THAT dress. Let's just see what it will cost me. One trip to the seamstress and I was coughing and chocking! It was big bucks$$$ to add sleeves. SO, this morning I decided that I was going to just buy the other dress and be done with adding sleeves. I'm super excited about this, even though all this dress business is costing me an arm and a leg. It all comes down to a principle that I strongly believe in and will stand true to. MODESTY. We should always dress ourselves in order to bring out the best in ourselves and those around us. The price tag may sometimes be big, but I do believe it's worth the message we convey.
Just to give you an idea, here's the dress! It's going to be Black on Black!
https://www.latterdaybride.com/gown_detail.php?type=2&id=536&style=23P.S. I have an extra dress (strapless) with 3 extra yards of nice pretty black satin fabric if anyone is interested! haha! =) I may just use the fabric to make a wrap of some kind so I can get my money's worth.
3 comments:
Wow that is so great. Can you not return the other one? Sell it?
VERY pretty ! GOod for you to pay the price. What an awesome story and good for you to have a friend who is so understanding of you.
Miss you !
Cute dress!!!- How much do you want for the sleeveless one? I love that style! I love you!
Post a Comment