It started off with him showing up at my work just after 8 am with a big bouquet of flowers. Then he handed me a change of clothes and said.. go change, and let's get going. (WHAT? You realize I'm at work, right??) So he tells me he's already aranged with my boss to have the day off work, and I can go ask him myself.. which I did of course! Lol! So I hurry and change all the while wondering what the heck he was up to. After I changed and double checked that I wasn't crazy and it was really okay to leave work.. off we went to who knows where!!
We had just got passes to Disneyland so I kind of thought we were going to go there.. until he started heading North on the 405 freeway.. then before I knew it we were heading towards the Long Beach Docks where I became really confused. Where on earth were we going??? It all became a little bit clearere when he pulled into the Catalina Flyer parking lot where I could see Helicopters landing and taking off. Next thing I know I'm on a helicopter flying to Catalina Island.
As we landed there was a fun banner that said "Collette, Will You Marry Me?"
I obviously said YES! It was such a fun fun day! And it's fun to look back on that Adventurous Day. We were so young and had NO idea what kind of real life adventures were were about to embark on, but we both knew on that day it was going to be with each other and were were both completely excted and ready for what ever life had instore of us.. together! I'm so grateful for my creative husband! He really is the best! Love you babe!

2 comments:
Great story and memory. I should have thought of something like that when I asked James to marry me...ha ha.
you are so pretty!
Post a Comment