So I'm SUPER excited for our little family vacation next week! We're going to UTAH! I've been wanting to do this trip for some time now, and I'm happy to say it's ALMOST HERE! Shane will be joining me from Thursday to Monday. Mason and I will be extending our trip to Friday so I can get some extra time in with family and friends.
Mason is so excited about building a snow man and playing in the snow. I'm wondering how long he'll really last since he really is a CA kid! The coldest weather we have here is usually in the 40's and that's even a little unusual! (I'm also wondering how long I'M going to last!)
I haven't been to Utah in over 3 years.. kind of pathetic, I know! On the list of things that we're going to do is a Mexican Restaurant that Shane is dying to try that he saw on Drive In's, Dinners and Dives called Red Iguana. We're also planning on going to the Draper Temple Open House as well. And then besides a few obvious things like visiting Temple Square and the surrounding area... plus a stop in Provo area I'm at a loss of things that we MUST DO!
I know A LOT of you have gone to BYU or do live, have lived, or are frequent visitors of Utah. GIVE US SUGGESTIONS! What are the things on your MUST DO while in UT list!? Please share with us! I'm looking for places to eat, places to shop, places to take Mason (he's 2 1/2 almost 3).
Can't wait to hear!
5 comments:
I love to eat Aunt Claudia's cooking while I'm in Utah...ha ha. Okay, but I'm not joking.
My kids (and James and I) have always loved the pioneer museum - it's across the street from temple square - kind of behind the tabernacle. It's small, but it has some interesting items.
You've probably heard this from others, but we LOVE Cafe Rio salads or anything else they have on their menu. We try to recreate their salads at home all the time, but it just isn't the same. If you get a chance to eat there....it's worth it!
How fun you're going to Utah! I've eaten at the Red Iguana - it's pretty good. Bring kleenex for the nose for the spicy stuff. Cafe' Rio is also a favorite - I love their sweet pork salads - I MISS them.
When my family goes to Utah, we usually go bowling at the Wilkinson(sp?) Center at BYU. It's tradition.
We also did the tour of the conference center if you haven't done that before, and we go see the current movie that's playing at the (I think) Joseph Smith building.
Anyway - hope you have a fabulous time - build a snowman for us!
FOOD - Eat at Guru's in downtown Provo (it's on Center Street) and get their quesadillas and sweet potato fries. Ottavios is next door and is super good italian food. I also love Rumbi's (BBQ Chicken Salad & a pina colada) and Zuppas (tomato soup & a panini). I would say Cafe Rio, but looks like that has been more than covered. I LOVE the hamburgers at the Creamery on 9th...the rolls are homemade and the hamburger meat is fresh (I know, I used to work there and make them). They also have delicious mint brownies. Seriously so good. The Training Table doesn't have that great of food, but you order through a telephone right at your table, which is fun.
STUFF TO DO - I like driving up Provo Canyon...lots of pretty views of the snow, but it's a little windy, so if the roads are bad, don't do it. Park City is super fun and pretty, too, and there are outlets there for excellent shopping (Banana, Gap, Ann Taylor, etc.). There is also Gardner's Village, which is a collection of antique shops and crafty places. It's outdoors, though, so it might be cold. You should call Andrea and make her take you to fun sledding places (the one up behind the temple is fun, if there is lots of snow in Provo).
Oh I'm so jealous!!
Cole!! I totally forgot that you are coming here!! That is so much fun!! I love it!! Looks like Lynne has already listed pretty much everything we always do when she comes here! haha. But yes, we can totally pick out some excellent sledding places. I have some sleds and it will be fabulous!! love it!
Post a Comment