We recently went to a family baptism for our niece and nephews in October. (I guess not SO recently). It was FINALLY time for 'The Quads' to get baptized and what an event it was! Hundres of peole packed into the chapel for their baptism.
When it came time for everyone to move into the very small room where the baptismal font was, Mason pushed his way to the very front of the crowd, and immediately pressed his nose to the glass. He was so so intrigued by the kids getting baptized. We had talked a lot about it earlier in the week and explained to him that he will too get to be baptized when he turns 8 years old, just like his cousins.
After they all had their turn and it was time to return to the chapel for the rest of the service, Mason became very upset. When his Daddy asked him what was wrong he said, "Daddy, It's my turn next!!" We again had to remind him that he was only 3 and he needed to be 8 in order to be baptized. He was NOT happy with that answer so he turned to me and asked "Mommy, can I be a baptist?" With a little giggle, and corrected him and said "Baptized? You get to be BAPTIZED when you are 8! Wont that be exciting!?" He then again in a VERY loud voice said, " BUT I WANT TO BE A BAPTIST!!" We were now starting to get heads turning, so we quickly had to escort him out of the chape.. but the entire time he was screaming "I WANT TO BE A BAPTIST!" "IT'S MY TURN TO BE A BAPTIST!!" lol! Too cute!
4 comments:
Haha, that is hilarious!! So glad you are posting again!
HAHAHAHA that is HILARIOUS! Kids say the darnest things! love you guys!
Colette-
How are you? I have been horrible in making my blog visits! I love love love your header! Adorable! Sure miss you guys!
He'd make an adorable baptist! Soooo funny. I can't believe what a big boy Mason has become...I'd love to get our kids together some day. If you're even in the SF bay area, come see us!
Post a Comment