Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hold on tight cuz here we GO!

(Thanks Little Einsteins!)

So I think I'm going to start potty training Mason. He's starting to show interest and has gone on the potty a bunch for me the last few days. (I find that Halloween candy is working well as his bribe right now!) He seems to be getting it. I decided to try big boy underwear on him this afternoon and so far NO accidents. (Knock on WOOD!) So I keep thinking... I may as well just go for it! I went to the store and bought some more bribery this afternoon... Stickers, M&M's, and a couple of toys reserved ONLY for the potty. So far no poops on the potty (sorry for the TMI!) I think that's the only part I'm really worried about. He's the kind of kid that tends to hold that forever anyways.

Am I missing anything? Breathe. I think we can do this. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

b.liz said...

It sounds like you already have a great start! We are working on Drew right now too and he is basically trained, but he still has the occasional accident. I also found that candy was a great motivator, plus we do a sticker chart posted right beside the potty. Oh, and he loved the Elmo potty movie we got from the library.

Good luck!

Lynne said...

He is growing up so fast!

Unknown said...

Yikes - good luck with the potty training!! I LOVE that pic of him on the title. So stinkin' cute!!

Erin said...

Wow Good luck! Ashlyn isn't interested at all and I figure I will wait for her. Did you still want to go to Legoland?